They will understand.


I have had this realization and belief for a long time. Also, believing this helps me to remain hopeful. I am writing this with respect to 2 things that I came across in the past days relating to this. 

I was reading this book called Digital Booming Stars- 11inspiring stories from India's creator economy. The first story was about the journey of Bhuvan Bam. His whole journey has been commendable, no doubt. with lots of learning. But there is one aspect that I want to talk about here today. That is of his parents and their role in his venture. 

Like any typical middle-class parents, they were extremely skeptical about his work too. The biggest reason why we relate to these creators is that most of them are from a very humble background like the majority of us, the only difference being they had the courage to take up something unconventional. Which with time reaped the benefits of their conviction.

Bhuvan's parents were not sure and highly dubious of the work he was doing. Even after he had become relatively popular. But one day when they saw how youngers were swooned by him in the market place they understood that they might not be conscious about what he does, but the world knows, understands, and acknowledges him. And eventually, they came around. They became the strong support system that he needed.

I think this is the whole dynamics of today's parents and this generation. Most of our parents have had a lot of hardships in their lives. Hence, they want to protect their children from difficulties. It can be said to be a natural instinct of a parent. Protection. But when we do have the courage to fight and make our lives on our own terms, they are bound to come around. They are scared of the possibility that what if the decision we are taking fails. They don't understand this unconventionality. 

But when they see that whatever the decision, if we are working with conviction and passion which is also giving the results, they will understand. They are parents, they might be critical, but still, they will understand. 

Today morning, I saw a LinkedIn post very accurate in relating to this. The guy had posted a picture of his father saying, "Today, my father on the World Startup Day, was loudly reading about it from the paper and making my mother listen to it, this is the same man who beat me up 6 years back when he came to know about my startup!"

It cracked me up, but I swayed my head in agreement that, this is the story of most of the people today. 


PICTURE ~ via Google


Sanskruti  

Comments

  1. I m looking forward to share a story like the guy in LinkedIn someday in the future ❣️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts