Teaches about Love, but not a love story

BOOK REVIEW - 2

THE FORTY RULES OF LOVE - Elif Shafak

 This book is a double-edged sword, only by not being a sword. This book talks about the shades of Love in the most beautiful and real way possible. The environment that surrounds the book is peaceful and spiritual, and it feels so good throughout the journey of the book. 

As the name says this talks about love, by not being a conventional love story. 
I picked this book because I wanted to read a book, which deals with two simultaneous timelines, but I got so much more than just timelines. 

It is historical fiction on one hand, where it follows the story of Rumi and Shams of Tabriz and their journey in ultimate knowledge and spirituality. And on the other, the self-discovery of Ella. I don't want to talk a lot about the plot of the book, because the first-hand experience the book gives is just wonderful. Also, the plot is not very important, but the conversations, the teachings it gives through anecdotes are the life of this book. 

It talks about LOVE in general. all forms of love and not particularly romantic. Some say, it is a love story of Tabriz and Rumi, but for me it was not, they shared something even deeper and profound than "love"
 
It makes us feel so empowered as individuals, knowing that love is what makes us, love is all around us and all in us! 

I said about it being a double-edged sword because, when you come across some characters and their beliefs about this world, it's hurting. Their ignorance about love hurts us which makes us sympathize with them too. 

This is the book I want to read every day for the rest of my life and never get enough of it! 


needless to say, it's one of my favorites!

Don't worry, it's not a "learning book" that will bore you and seem too preachy, it knits these beautiful nuances in form of a story, and that is what makes it such a great book!

Have you ever read a book, which you want the whole world to it? for me. this is the BOOK!
Also, the Turkish setting was the icing on the cake. Makes me want to visit the country.


PICTURE ~ via google


Sanskruti

Comments

Popular Posts