Life has a Plan, for You



Some months ago, I was reading a book called "The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid. No, don't worry this isn't a book review, but I would want to talk about a very small part of it, and how relevant it is to my life.

Every time, she marries, she does it in hope of being in a happy marriage. She too wanted love and companionship, like any other person in this world. But for some reason or the other, the marriages would not work out. she had everything that a normal person like you and me assume, that if we had, we can do anything we want, get anything we want. She had that, yet there were setbacks, 7 setbacks, among others. 

Nothing in my life has ever gone as per the plan, as per what I wanted or visualized. Maybe, for some time it felt like setbacks and failures, but now looking back, I don't think there were. 

I was preparing for CLAT while doing my graduation in English, and didn't qualify. Finished by graduation and just when I was about to get into a college to do my master's in the subject I ended up giving MBA exams. And believe me, I absolutely had no plans for the same. After every failed entrance I thought, "this is the end, I will get nowhere in life" but it wasn't so. It was difficult on many levels, but looking back now, I realize that I wouldn't have survived law school, and if I had continued doing a master's in English, I would have been more lost than ever.

Often, there are 2 kinds of dream stories -
-Things are not working out according to the plan
-You are where you wanted to be, but it isn't as dreamy as you expected it to be.
I think there is a reason for this, when we visualize our probable future it's all perfect. dream job, dream place, everything is just as perfect it can be. But we know that Utopias do not exist. we have so idealistically lived that life in our head that it doesn't match the reality and thus the unhappiness and unrest.
Future and life are beautiful as it turns out to be on their own, and not how we want them to mold.


I would not say, I am set for life now, definitely am not. I am still hanging in uncertainty. But now, the grownup me knows how to keep HOPE, however feeble.

PICTURE ~ via Google


Sanskruti 😄




Comments

Popular Posts