God Exists




Some days back, I wrote about believing in hope. Today is about something more closely associated with Hope - God.

My family is very religious, their belief in god and various rituals is very strong. My father even believes whatever he has achieved in his life is due to the grace of God. I find that mindset very astounding, how a person can give up all his credit and hard work to a mirage. I think this is what keeps him so humble and grounded, 

As a child and a teenager, I used to think all of this is very bogus, how can one have a blind belief in something which you can't see or know for sure exists. You can call it the rebelliousness of the teenage phase. I would look down upon the rituals and frown at all the pujas and extravaganza. I was only concerned with the holidays and festivities. 

Needless to say, I was labelled as an Atheist.

Say it was because of change in situations or maturity, something changed when I grew up. Last year when I was preparing for my master's entrance, I was desperate to get into a college. Whenever I thought about what would happen if I didn't qualify anywhere, it freaked me out. I felt it would be the end of the world if I don't crack any college. In that desperation, I started wishing or "praying" unknowingly. 

I realized it slowly, that when I was wishing for these, in a way I was also talking to this unknown entity, which my parents and the world calls GOD. 

I cleared my entrances!

And my belief became even deeper. For me, God is the hope personified. In the moment of distress, my hope that "things may not be as bad as I picture it to be" is God. The rituals of folding your hands and praying are not just mere rituals, they are a form of giving respect to this entity, who shows you a light in the darkness. 

I still don't agree with those traditions which result in wasting resources, hurting people, and are that are poured onto us without explaining their importance.
Here, I do not intend on commenting anything about "religion". This was just my journey of accepting and understanding something, which I shared.

Everyone has their own relationship with God. And we got to respect all forms of it, as long as it doesnt hurt anyone. 

PICTURE ~via Google


Sanskruti







Comments

  1. Very well put di. It all comes down to one thing at the end - how various experiences in life change one's perspectives and make them beleive in what they think is right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts